10 best places to visit in nepal 2018, the Himalayan Smile Treks organized trip according to your holiday schedule and interest. Nepal is one of most beautiful and diversified country where there are millions of things to explore. This country is located between India and China in south Asia. The total area of Nepal is 141881 Sq Km which is geographically divided into three regions they are Mountain region, Hilly region and Terai region. The rectangular shaped country divides its climatic zone and altitude variation in three different regions. There is mountain region where the Himalaya lies in north which occupies 15% of the total area. The hilly region consists of 68% of its total area whereas the Terai consists 17% of the total area. The hilly region in the mid consists of many small- medium hills whereas Terai is completely flat which is also called the granaries of Nepal.
There are many places in Nepal to visit but today we are going to discuss about trek route.
10 best places to visit in nepal 2018 :
01) Pokhara: Pokhara is located in the center of Nepal at the elevation of 810m. Pokhara is famous for the natural beauty, Lake, Sharankot, Mountain View and tourist sites. We can see the panoramic view of the Himalaya from the city and boating with the wooden boat also the highlight. There are several places to visit like Peace pagoda, Davis falls, Guptshor cave, International mountaineering museum, Dhampus etc. The adventure sports like Paragliding, Skydiving, Ultralight aircraft flight to Himalaya can be done here.
02) Kathmandu: Kathmandu is located in the east of Pokhara in the center. The elevation is 1310m above sea level which consists of temperate climatic zone. Kathmandu is the most historic place in Nepal there are many heritage sites, temple, palace & museum. You can see so many cultural heritages and temples in Kathmandu besides these also you can do adventure like Hiking, bird watching, canyoning and mountain biking. There are seven UNESCEO world heritage sites within very short distance so there are plenty of choice what would you like to do.
03) Chitwan: Chitwan is located in the center of Nepal in the southern Terai. It is located 148Km away from Kathmandu in the south west. Chitwan is famous for Chitwan national park where we can see the endangered Royal Bengal tiger, gharial crocodile, Gangetic dolphin, one horn rhino and many different kinds of birds and animals. The terrain is flat here so you can go for multi day jungle safari on a four wheel jeep. Chitwan is also famous for its inhabitants Tharu and their culture.
04) Ghandruk: Ghandruk is located in the central Nepal in the lap of Mt Annapurna. This is the typical village located at the altitude of 2000m above sea level. Its 45Km drive from Pokhara through the main road and we have to drive more 16km through the unpaved mountain road. This village is famous for its unique settlement, Gurung people and their culture also we can see the close up view of Mt Fishtail, Annapurna south, Hiunchuli etc.
05) Lumbini: Lumbini is the holiest place in Nepal where Lord Buddha was born who is known as the light of Asia. This place is 265Km away from Kathmandu towards the west. This place is famous as the birth place of Lord Buddha now there are thousands of beautiful monasteries, Stupa and Chorten. Mayadevi temple, Ashoka pillar, holy flame, holy lake is the place of interest to visit. Beside this you can visit the beautiful monasteries built by several countries.
06) Jiri: Jiri is a small alpine town located 186 km in the east from Kathmandu also known as the Switzerland of Nepal. This place is surrounded by the high hills from three sides and lush green meadow is sloping towards south which looks very beautiful and breathtaking. We can do some hike around this town and we can see the beautiful panorama from the top of hill which is the best of best from this journey.
07) Janakpurdham: Janakpurdham is famous among Hindu that goddess Sita was born in this city as a daughter of King Janaka. These entire god and goddess story are mentioned in Ramayana (Holy book). Many devotees from Nepal, India, Srilanka comes here for pilgrim. There is a very beautiful temple called Ramjanaki temple to visit beside that there are several holy lakes where we can take bath to wash out all the sins.
08) Sworek Maidan: This place is famous for the beautiful scenery that we can see and also famous for adventure sport paragliding. This place is 80 Km away from Pokhara towards the west. We have to drive through paved road until Walking after Waling the road goes unpaved towards north crossing the river Andhikhola. We can see bunch of mountain like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu & Ganesh Himal from this place and also we can do Paragliding from this place. Normally its very crowded in Sharangkot Pokhara so it’s the best alternate destination in Nepal after Pokhara for Paragliding. Also can combine with Millennium trek.
09) Salleri: Salleri is the district headquarters of Solukhumbu district which is famous for the world highest mountain Mt Everest, Lhostse, Cho-You etc. This is small alpine town located at the elevation of 2400M above sea level. This alpine town is famous for its unique landscape, people. We can do some hiking around this town the famous one is to the holy lake Dudhkunda from where we can see the breathtaking view of Mt Everest and more. Form Salleri also can combine with budget everest base camp trek.
10) Upper Mustang: Upper Mustang is located in the north of Annapurna & Dhaulagiri Himalaya. This place has many things to offer to its visitor. This place is located in the rain shadow area of Mt Annapurna & Dhaulagiri thus it doesn’t rain but it gets snowfall during winter and spring. There are countless numbers of sacred man made caves, monastery, stupa, Chorten and the landscape looks very amazing that some mountain looks grey, brown, red, white. There is a system of King in the capital of this region Lo-Manthang who deals with culture and rituals of this region. The permit is very expensive to visit for non Nepali citizen but it’s free for Nepali to visit. Its absolutely worthy to visit this region beside the expensive permit.