Annapurna Base camp trek is one of the most visited tourist destination in Nepal. This journey offers you great opportunity to explore the great scenery, Towering Himalayas, Blooming rhododendron, ethnic people their culture, custom & tradition. This journey is a chance to explore the Himalaya and the Base of eight thousand meter mountain within the short duration of time. This journey is a solid example of diversity that we can explore during this journey. This region is richest for flora and fauna with the maximum rainfall that this region gets annually.
Today we are discussing about 10 reasons to do Annapurna Base Camp trek this spring. Many trekkers have mentioned this journey as a piece of cake because it offers you the great opportunity to explore the stunning Himalayan scenery, People & culture, Flora & fauna, hidden caves & monasteries, 360 Himalayan panorama around Annapurna base camp and its surrounding. The journey takes one week if you take a short route whereas you can make a loop via Poonhill in one and half week which is highly recommend. On the way back after finishing the journey we take natural hot spring bath at Jhinu danda which helps us pushing away the disease relate to Bones & nerves.
Here is the list of reason why you should do Annapurna Base Camp trek this spring:-
1. 360 Himalayan panoramas: We can see 360 panoramas from Annapurna Base Camp (4130m) which make you feel you are in the wonderland. We can see some beautiful mountain like Mt Annapurna 8079m, Annapurna south, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre, Gangapurna, Tent peak, Fluted peak etc. The mesmerizing beauty will make you experience the surreal.
2. Rhododendron: we can see the blooming rhododendron in the spring which makes the whole nature look colorful and surreal. In this region we can found several species of rhododendron from various colors. There are several places where most of the trees are rhododendron when all of it blooms it converts into heaven.
3. Rivers & waterfalls: There is a famous river which originates from Annapurna’s called Modi khola. This river rush to come down creation several gorges and waterfalls which are eye cacthing. Beside this we can see several waterfalls and small rivers during the journey.
4. Poon Hill: Poon hill is a viewpoint at the elevation of 3210m from where we can see the panoramic view of Himalaya. We can see dozens of mountain within a single glance. The journey becomes longer by few days if we take this route via Poon Hill which is totally worthy and value for your money.
5. Ghandruk: Ghandruk is one of the biggest villages from this region where we can see uniquely designed settlement. All of the house have slate roof and slate roof are spread all over the trail since long time which adds up extra texture and beauty also reflects the history. Gurung people are the major inhabitants’ one of the major ethnic from this region famous for their rich culture, custom & tradition also.
6. Annapurna Glacier: This glacier comes from Mt Annapurna and Annapurna south which is one of the major attractions of this journey. There is an edge high above the glacier at Annapurna base camp from where we can observe the glacier which is spread in a big area. Also we can see the ice fall and moraine as well.
7. Machhapuchhre base camp: This place is also called Fishtail base camp which is located at the altitude of 3700m. This base camp was set up for the expedition of Mt Fishtail 6997m which later was banned to climb but we can see an amazing close up view of Mt Fishtail, Hiunchuli & Gangapurna.
8. Natural hot spring: There is a natural hot spring at the bank of river Modi khola below the village Jhinu danda which can be the best remedy for you sore muscles after the trek. Hot water comes from the heart of mountain which is connected to the pool where we can relax and enjoy the hot water.
Wild creature: This region is home to many wild lives where we can see Musk deer, spotted deer, black bear, languor monkey, wild boar, snow leopard etc. Also we can see many species of birds. It’s rare to see some wild animal like black bear, snow leopard and monkey, spotted deer are commonly seen animals here during the journey.
9. Tea house & food: During the journey we stay overnight in the mountain lodge which is also called teahouse. The mountain teahouse has clean and comfortable room as well as the serves delicious food. They have a menu with few pages which deals with some foreign and Nepali dish.
10. Snowboarding & skiing: In the spring time when all the area is covered with snow people do snowboarding here. If you are snowboarding and ski enthusiast you can add more adrenaline and thrill on your journey by Snowboarding the vertical slope.