Everest region is known as the roof of the world with dozens of towering mountain including world highest mountain Mt Everest, Lhotse, Makalu etc. When we start to think about Everest most of us think Mountaineering and climbing but Everest region has way more than we think to offer to its visitor. Everest region is located in Nepal in the Himalayas. Exploring Everest region was used to be hardest challenge in the past but now its way more easily than you think. Everest region has variety of things to offer to its visitor like beautiful vistas of Himalaya, flora-fauna, people and culture.
Everest region is home to one of the toughest indigenous people living in the planet who are adapted to its extreme terrain and high altitude who are known as heroes of Everest Sherpa. The centuries old ancient monastery where the monk and nuns spreading their blessing and love also famous for the festival like Manirimdu and Dumjey. There are several freshwater lakes above 4500M where we can see Alpine migratory duck swimming in the freezing water.
If we talk about world highest sport Everest comes in the front line where every year world highest marathon is organized which starts from Everest base camp. Also its very famous among extreme sport enthusiast where you can do sky diving, wing suit jumping.
In this blog today we are talking about why you should do Everest Base Camp trek this spring so here are the reasons.
01) The mountain flight: The flight to Everest region offers the eye catching view of Himalaya seen from the window of aircraft. The flight starts from Kathmandu and it lands at Tenzing Hillary airport at Lukla which takes about 30 minute.
02) Teahouse as accommodation: During the journey in Everest region we accommodate in the Mountain lodge which is also called Teahouse. The teahouse of Everest region has clean and comfortable bed rooms as well as the dinning where they are ready to serve variety of food.
03) Sagarmatha national park: Everest region is located inside the Sagarmatha national park which was listed as UNESCEO heritage site in 1979AD. This is also home to 118 species of bird and also home to musk deer, Himalayan thar, Ghoral, Red panda, snow leopard etc. The lowest elevation 2000m near Jiri to the world highest Mountain Mt Everest.
04) Centuries old monastery: There are several old monasteries in Everest region where we can see the precious article are kept safe for centuries. The famous monastery of this region is Tengbochey monastery, Pacgbochey Monastery, Thame monastery. The monastery of Debochey is run by Nuns and the monastery of Khumjung is also quite famous where we can see the head of yeti kept safe inside.
05) The Sherpas: Sherpa are the indigenous people living in this region famous for mountaineering. The life in the highland of Khumbu valley is interesting to explore. The Sherpa keep themselves busy all year doing agriculture, tourism, mountaineering and animal husbandry.
06) Charming Himalayan peaks: Everest region is home to bunch of towering mountain which looks charming and surreal that we can’t stop our self gaze into them. There are several iconic mountain like Amadablam, Thamserku, Kusum Kangaroo, Choyu etc which will make you are in big love with them.
07) Everest Base Camp 5365m: This is the most visited place in Everest region which is located in the lap of Mt Everest and above the Khumbu glacier which comes from Mt Everest, Nuptsey and Pumori. Everest Base Camp is the place where the mountaineer starts making their journey to the summit of Mt Everest, Lhotse and Nuptsey. Everest base camp is the last goal for EBC trekkers so in the trekking season time we can see lot of visitor visiting Everest base camp every day.
08) Kalapatthar: Kalapatthar is a view point from where we can see the clear and close-up view of Mt Everest and other mountain like Nuptsey, Amadablam, Tabochey, Cholatsey, Arakamtshey, lobuchey peak, Pumori, Khumbustey, Lingtren etc. Kalapatthar is located at the altitude of 5545m. The view of Mt Everest is not in detail and brief thus for the detail view we should have to go Kalapathar.
09) Living caravan: Yak, Zokpey and donkeys are food and supplies carrier in this region. In the bushy trekking season the trail are not only bushy with trekkers they also get bushy with yak and donkeys which carry the food and supplies to the region. Some time the trail gets jammed with the herd of yaks and donkeys.
10) Everest Marathon: Everest marathon had created guinness world record for world highest marathon title which held on 29 of May every year. If you are athletic aiming to be a part of this highest marathon you should miss this world highest marathon. Himalayan Smile treks and adventure organizes the trek which ends of with marathon which starts from Everest base camp to Namche 42 Kilometer.