Flying drones in Nepal is of course not very easy but it is possible if you have obtained the necessary permits and license. The government of Nepal and Civil aviation authority has issued the regulation over drone usages. Nowadays drone usages are gaining popularity widely all over the world for various purposes. Majority of the usages are for photography however it is being used for survey, research and for spying. There have been several cases of misuse of drones which raised the concern of authority over its usages. Regarding various consequences government of Nepal and Civil aviation authority have issued the regulation of drone usages. The new rules and regulation for drone usages are mentioned below.
Rules and regulation for using drones in Nepal
- For the drones weighting over 2000 gram and fly over 400 ft are subjected to be authorized. The permission should be taken from Civil aviation authority Nepal (CAAN), Ministry of home affairs and Department of tourism.
- Drone weighting less than 2000 gram does not need to have authorized from CAAN in the case of flying below 200ft under private property
- You cannot fly drone irresponsibly.
- You are only permitted to fly 120m vertically.
- You are permitted to fly up to 500m around you cannot go further than that.
- You cannot use drones for dropping animals and articles.
- You cannot fly drone over 150m in any crammed area.
- You cannot fly drone within and over 150m where there is an open air gathering of 1000 people or more.
- You cannot fly drone above 50m of any vessel, vehicle, structure and monument.
- You must have unaided vision over the drone.
- You cannot fly nearby airport areas it is strictly prohibited.
- You cannot fly nearby and over the military and Vvip area.
- You should inform the related official if you are flying inside National park and conservation areas.